Leipzig is the penultimate stop in the New York Philharmonic’s EUROPE/SPRING 2011 tour. The concert on Monday, May 23 features an all-Mahler program that includes the orchestra’s music director, Alan Gilbert, conducting the Symphony No. 5. Thomas Hampson joins Gilbert and the orchestra for Mahler’s hauntingly beautiful “Kindertotenlieder,” and the entire concert can be viewed online beginning at 2pm EDT at the New York Philharmonic website: http://bit.ly/izOP8f
- December events in the Upper Midwest
- Thomas Hampson’s Danilo “is simply terrific” in Lyric’s new production of The Merry Widow
- “Poetic inspiration” at the Musikverein with Mahler’s Das Lied von der Erde
- ‘The Merry Widow’ at Lyric Opera of Chicago
- October performances in Europe
- The Hampsong Foundation Teacher Workshop with University Musical Society
- Recitals and Concerts across Europe and the U.S.
- ‘Hampson brings power and eloquence to German lied and American song at Ravinia’
- > News by Category
Get the Flash Player to see the wordTube Media Player.