Leipzig is the penultimate stop in the New York Philharmonic’s EUROPE/SPRING 2011 tour. The concert on Monday, May 23 features an all-Mahler program that includes the orchestra’s music director, Alan Gilbert, conducting the Symphony No. 5. Thomas Hampson joins Gilbert and the orchestra for Mahler’s hauntingly beautiful “Kindertotenlieder,” and the entire concert can be viewed online beginning at 2pm EDT at the New York Philharmonic website: http://bit.ly/izOP8f
- Le roi Arthus – Role debut in Paris
- Performances in Milan and Vienna
- Upcoming performances in Heidelberg
- Archived Carnegie Hall Recital featuring world premiere of ‘Civil Words’
- Thomas Hampson Autograph – to be released on Warner Classics this March
- ‘Impassioned’ and ‘significant’ performances in Florida
- Highlights from recent NYC performances
- Upcoming performances in the U.S.
- > News by Category
Get the Flash Player to see the wordTube Media Player.