Leipzig is the penultimate stop in the New York Philharmonic’s EUROPE/SPRING 2011 tour. The concert on Monday, May 23 features an all-Mahler program that includes the orchestra’s music director, Alan Gilbert, conducting the Symphony No. 5. Thomas Hampson joins Gilbert and the orchestra for Mahler’s hauntingly beautiful “Kindertotenlieder,” and the entire concert can be viewed online beginning at 2pm EDT at the New York Philharmonic website: http://bit.ly/izOP8f
- ‘Hampson brings power and eloquence to German lied and American song at Ravinia’
- Upcoming Recitals in the U.S.
- Hamburg Concert with Martin Grubinger and The Percussive Planet Ensemble
- ‘Le Nozze di Figaro’ – Baden-Baden Gala and Deutsche Grammophon Recording
- ‘Gipfeltreffen der Stars’ concert appearance
- A “sublime” premiere of Le roi Arthus in Paris
- Concerts with the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra and Gianandrea Noseda
- Le roi Arthus – Role debut in Paris
- > News by Category
Get the Flash Player to see the wordTube Media Player.